Sanford Health Lead Flow Cytometry Research Technician | Research in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Sanford Center Building
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Performs moderately-complex laboratory testing, experiments and analyses following established protocols. Management of shared research center space to accommodate needs of all labs. Required to serve as a representative of research center interests and needs on multi-research center committees, panels and groups. Participates in regular meetings with other senior technical staff from other research centers to resolve issues related to purchasing, lab infrastructure, facility status, lab/ office logistical functions, and intra research center cooperation. Daily administrative responsibilities of the lab. Participates in the development of protocols, revisions, amendments and monitor plan & scope. Maintains records of research. Compile and analyze data. Make figures and graphs to represent data. Presents results to research group. Responsible for regulatory record keeping and training. Must coordinate and supervise use of research center shared equipment and facilities including generation of Standard Operating Procedures when required. Mediation/ resolution of conflicts between labs over shared equipment and facilities are required. Supervises maintenance and servicing of research center shared equipment and facilities. • Set up, operate, QC and machine troubleshooting Flow Cytometers and Sorters
• Effectively communicate with senior technical staff, office staff and other clients clearly and professionally.
• Effectively lead the flow core assisting in the execution of Core related projects
*Assist Core Users with designing panels and protocols to execute moderate to complex
• Analyze data and assist in writing and editing manuscripts for Core Users as needed.
• Assisting Core Users with instrument and software training. Assist Core Users to troubleshoot a variety of general issues related to data acquisition, data analysis, and data storage.
• Responsible for maintaining excellence and efficiency in the department
• Resolves issues and performs duties as required to meet customer requirements
• Candidate must be able to work independently and as a team player.
Responsible for ordering adequate supplies of reagents and other supplies needed. Troubleshoot and learn new techniques to meet the needs of the scientific community. Manage a laboratory facility, including equipment and staff.
Effectively communicate with researchers that request Core services. Participates in regular meetings with other research staff to resolve issues related to purchasing, lab infrastructure, facility status, lab/office logistical functions and intra-research center cooperation. Manage shared space to accommodate needs of all labs. May be required to supervise interns/students or other technical staff.
Acquire in-depth knowledge of study protocols and standard operating procedures. Create policies and procedures and design site specific tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy in completing study tasks. This position will serve as the lead for new project startups at their local sites. Responsible for submission and maintenance of regulatory documentation.
Bachelor's degree in a clinical, health or life science field required.
• Documented six or more years of hands-on experience and deep knowledge of basic and advanced Flow Cytometry methods and techniques, including proficiency in operating multi-color flow analyzers and sorters, is required.
*Documented six or more years of experience in characterization of cell populations by flow cytometry/immunophenotyping
• Demonstrated knowledge in solving technical problems such as issues with lab/flow cytometry instrumentation
• Good computer proficiency with MS-Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as strong data entry skills
• Familiarity with Flow-Jo software packages is essential.
• Good customer service skills, with the ability to remain calm, pleasant and professional during times of stress.
• Good professional and effective communication skills, verbal, and written.
• Sanford Research is a multi-site institution and occasional local travel between sites may be required.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Function: Research
Req Number: R-14651