Sanford Health Spring Intern - Community Relations in Fargo, North Dakota
Job Title: Spring Intern | Community Relations | Fargo
Department : HR Intern Program - Career Development - Fargo
Job Schedule: Part Time
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
• Assist the Community Relations department with day-to-day promotion of Roger Maris Week events
• Manage projects for events and serve on the event committee
• Assist with the set-up and breakdown of events
• Assist with projects in the areas of marketing, event development and sponsorship/development as needed
• Assist with registration for all events
• Assist with grassroots promotional efforts of the event
• Attend events in an effort to promote our events to those participants
Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention. Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds. Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly. Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics. Collaborates with departmental associates and management.
Our interns learn by doing the work that accomplishes Sanford's innovative mission. The Roger Maris Intern will have the opportunity to assist the Sanford Community Relations Team and the Sanford Foundation Team. This is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience in the planning, promotion, and managing of one of Fargo's largest events.
• Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
• Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment and still meet deadlines
• Dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, highly reliable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and follow- up skills
• Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
• Polished and professional when dealing with team members, volunteers, sponsors, and management
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Function: Student Services
Job Schedule: Part Time
Req Number: WD13759