Sanford Health Fall Intern - Administration in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Fall Intern | Administration | Aberdeen, SD
State: South Dakota
Department : HR Intern Program
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: 8 hr
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experience that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Must have good human relations and communications skills; must be able to follow procedures and instructions given by the leadership staff. Must have strong problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
The fall internship session is intended to provide juniors and seniors in college an opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience while attending to their coursework. Individuals applying for a fall internship must be from within a 100-mile radius of the internship location. Individuals accepted into a fall internship must commit to working 20-32 hours per week on-site until the maximum of 384 hours is met or another end date is agreed upon. Fall internship session start date is September 5, 2017.
By working in a professional team setting, the undergraduate or graduate level student will contribute towards project management, customer service and administrative processes relevant to the health care insurance industry.
• Project Work - Medical Home – Quality data: 1) review criteria for becoming certified medical home, 2) establish action plan of current areas not met for medical home, and 3) continue to grow patient advisory committee and help assist in conducing meetings (scheduling, create agenda/take minutes
• Project Work - Community Health Needs Assessment - 1)Review current CHNA and implementation strategies, 2) Establish action plan of current implementation strategies not met in preparation for next CHNA
• Other projects as assigned
• Weekly one on one meetings with mentors, meeting attendance with mentors as determined,
• Normal day-to-day activities preformed in this type of position include completing project work and other duties as assigned
• Normal day-to-day activities preformed in this type of position include attending meetings with leadership and assist with follow up projects as needed
• Must be a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in health related field or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors.
• Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12-week internship.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Varying levels of education based on Internship.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing. Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve. We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases. We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-243-1372 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In compliance with federal law requiring employers to verify new employees' U.S. employment eligibility, Sanford participates in E-Verify. To learn more click here for English Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf or here for Spanish Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf .
City: Sioux Falls
State: South Dakota
Job Function: Students & Interns
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: req9860